[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Other Sources of Information

    Consumer Price Index (CPI)
    See the CPI Table for more information, including the telephone number for a recorded message with the most recent CPIs.  In addition, instructions to find CPI numbers on the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics website are provided below the CPI Table.  Your local public library may also be able to help you find the CPI numbers. 

    Legal Services
    The Child Support Enforcement Office (CSEO) in your county can help establish paternity, get an order for child support, enforce an existing order, collect payments and more.  Child support offices may be able to offer some assistance in obtaining cost-of-living adjustments in the orders they enforce. CSEO telephone numbers are often listed in the county government sections of phone books. On the internet, you can find information about CSEO services at:

    If your child support history is complicated, you may need to hire a private attorney experienced in family law. You may contact the following county bar associations for referral to an attorney:  Dakota county: 952-431-3200; Hennepin county: 612-726-6666; Ramsey county and metro area: 651-224-1775.  For referrals in all other Minnesota counties there is the www.mnfindalawyer.com website.

    If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be able to locate low-cost legal services through area Legal Aid Societies or legal advice clinics. However, legal aid programs have income restrictions and limit the type of cases they accept.  For answers to legal questions, contact information for legal aid offices, links to courthouses and local community organizations, see the www.lawhelpmn.org website.

    Tubman offers legal services through law clinics, legal information sessions, and referrals to legal agencies, legal programs and private lawyers. From their home page click on "Legal Services."  

    Modification Forms
    The court administrator's office may have modification forms available. If the county is providing child support services, either parent may request in writing that the child support office review their support order to see if the requirements for a modification are met.  If so, the county may request a modification in child support in the expedited child support hearing process.

    Notary Public
    A bank in your area or the court office may have a Notary Public to help you sign the Affidavit of Service in this packet.  Additional listings for notaries may be available in the yellow pages of the phone book under "Notaries Public."  

Cost-of-Living Adjustments | Overview | FAQ's | Minnesota's Law 
Other Sources of Information
  | Calculating the Adjustment  | CPI Table    

Last Updated: 12/11/19 (ab)